Wednesday, February 25, 2009

mango check-ed in~

The first time i saw my naked mango in the morning light, he seems so miserable. I feel so sorry for letting him staying under the hot sun for so long - exposing his front chassis in the hot sun and rain T-T~ 
Finally i had time to pick him up and send him to 'hospital' to fix his wear-ed and torn body. 
hooking up to the tow truck (with a 'ke-po' indian child who we dunno who's watching dangerously close)
tie-ing up mango's axle to the support beam, so mango won't accidently fall off the support beam.
checking the steering lock and tie on the 'evo-style' side tow plate ^.^ 
on the way ... 
after 2 hours of slow drive (i ask my uncle to drive slowly, make me heart-ache listening to mango's cried going over hump and bad road surface on just two wheels...)
We drop mango off at Ah-lai - Lai Kian Spray Painting : Ah lai - +60164025519

The boss Ah Lai was a really good dude. (compare to his brother :P - just plain rude) he slowly discuss with me on what's suppose to be done to mango, as i wanted mango to be able to survive harsh track day condition. He give me some idea of places to strengthen and places needed rebuild and so. 
At least i had found someone who was willing to take mango in to work on the complex and time consuming re-work. 
Will update  soon after i finish building mango's fiber mudguard. ^.^ till then~ 

cheers~ 

7 comments:

Alex Wong said...

still going for the same mango yellow color? or TMK green?

If you are planning to add rollcage reinforcements, do balance the weight distribution onto the chassis.

I've taken too much weight off the rear of my car without proper camber readjustments after that, the rear slides off easily.

Kae Huang Tan said...

alex~ yup, i'm still going for the mango yellow ^.^ for i like the sporty feels of it.

i think i'll just strengthen mango's chassis first, and see how mango will perform. And might will install the roll-cage when i feels like going to SIC for a spin ^_^.

i'll be removing weights from the front of mango (will be install fiber mudguard and bonnet) instead of adding weights to the rear.

ScAvEnGeR said...

Dang bro! Fiber panels and body refresher course! Going big I see. I can't wait for Mango to get out and about!

Kae Huang Tan said...

not really say going big la~ just that i feel like wanna keep mango with me for a little more longer~

like 10 more years? just totally fell in love with the old school~frame less door~RWD,

just wan to keep mango alive a bit longer ;)

ScAvEnGeR said...

I bet you're going to love the lighter and MUCH faster Mango then!

Cheers bro!

Kae Huang Tan said...

Haha~ not really said faster ;) but I just wanna get the balance right ;) it's also would be easier for me to setting the suspension later.

My current priority is to make mango's chassis strong enough to withstand future track/drift session thus able to company me as long as possible around town ^.^

ScAvEnGeR said...

I'm trying really hard to get a fibre bonnet for my Banana as well. I'm currently in talks with Layang-Layang to use my design (also a collaboration) as the first piece.

See how la... Saving weight up front on the front biased weight distribution of my Banana will help handling a lot!