Monday, April 28, 2008

After-match from saturday night's touge~

what a night in teluk bahang on saturday night. a lot of "drama" ^.^ which we do like it because we weren't the "lead actors" hahaha~ we were just extras "ke-le-fe".
-> visits ScAvEnGeR's blog for more details ^^(lazy to type :P)


Our crowd sure had grown each time. There's was our famous Penang Touge-king -> Andrew Chew (Snappy one) Wei -12, Partick GUN, Raj-R3, The MECH- Chris (Fer fer) and Tommy (sin) Chan, our Dalai-lama Daniel, and others friends, which i'm so sorry can't really remember all your names. 
And this time i brought my new secret weapon ^^. GPS~
It's quite nice to look at "mini map" while touge-ing. It give me prior information on the corner ahead of me. So i can take faster corner for it's my first time driving all out (in  Ranger) on the touge. just like playing NFS ^.^  

It's a really fun night. And was quite a horror driving a tall 4X4 on a winding road where there's cliffs on your left and deep drains on your right. and not to say tight bridge. Man, it's a scary touge to run in. thanks fully this trip, everyone's car make it safely back to our home except our Raj got hold up by the police till late midnight.  

And more bad news coming up today, during the time i ask my worker to shift the front tyre to the rear, i discover two things wasn''t look right on my ranger!

My tyre -


This is how it looks like after the touge.
and this is the pic i took few weeks earlier... see the side was gone T_T....

and my spring.....


slightly bended at the end where the second spring leaves the support. (i pulled out the 3rd and 4th spring and put in a coil spring for better ride.

looks like this would be the last time Ranger would go touge-ing. Next time, it will be mango's turn to storm down  teluk bahang's windings ^_^ 

7 comments:

ScAvEnGeR said...

So kesian the monster truck la...

I'm waiting for The Return of Mango! I can't wait to see it in action.

Kae Huang Tan said...

thanks bro. really fun (and scary) driving a 4x4 on teluk bahang.

can't wait till mango coming home from ICU lol~

kev said...

hahah

i did the same thing like u too dennis. found u from tk's blog, lol

i used my father's rexton xdi270 turbo-diesel, 162hp, 320nm with add on k&n filter, toyo open country tyres and hot inazma mr. tried touge-ing in ulu yam , with use of holux gpsmile :D haha, gave me info of the upcoming corners too, but the real gps is in my head, i have photographic memory, lol. but yeah, the gps was good again in genting sempah, which was totally new to me

Kae Huang Tan said...

hahaha~ nice to meet you Kev,

just an idea come out from playing games :P i'm still new in touge-ing, so for me it kinda act as a safety measurement. for taking faster corner without over speeding much.

really envy you la~ photographic memory, all racer's dreams skill man. Owsome!

kev said...

yeah,

trucks and suv are more prone to rolling over, so be damn careful, unless theres UR bars for trucks, that be fun, lol. maybe u wanna take ur truck for offroading too, heheh, btw sad i didnt joined u for touge yesterday, but i only went today, lol, hehe

although ive been tougeing a few years back, my retarded car isnt helping me really, lol

Kae Huang Tan said...

it's kinda long since my last off roading trip. my dad wreck his front gearbox in 2006, then we went offroading twice since.

but dun really think your rexton would survive the trip though :P

lol~

kev said...

oh we got backup vehicle for that purpose, a 2.5 litre 1995 jeep wrangler yj soft top :D , got all the bells and whistles, like the warn winch, kangaroo bar and etc, hahah. this monster is pretty good off road and since its small, its pretty maneuverable :D. the pic of the jeep is next to my neo, as u probably could see